Thursday 10 January 2013

Reverence Marble Maze



I'm currently chuckling to myself at my photos above, you can't see the maze on one and the ultimate thing is you can't even tell that there is a marble in there, but there is I promise!!  Sorry to sound repetitive but this was another idea that started from another of my pins on Pinterest.  Here's my original 'pin'.



I liked the idea of getting from one point to another, and thought what better than trying to get to the temple.  I printed onto some calico fabric (click here for 'How to Print on Fabric using your Printer Tutorial'), and put our temple near the top right and some children further down in the opposite corner.



I got a matching size of soft fabric and trimmed it down to a rough square (but you can do any shape you want), sewed it together right sides facing each other, leaving a gap to turn it the right way, then turn it the right way :)  Popped in a marble and sewed up the gap nice and tight.


I used the sewing machine to make a 1/4" 'frame' around the whole edge of the fabric/maze to make sure that the marble had no chance of escaping.  I then sewed the walls of the maze using my tailor chalk marks as a guide, pushing the marble out of the way as I went.


I'm hoping this entertains my kids as much as it has entertained me...only time will tell :)

2 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying your blog. I've pinned several things. Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy, I'm glad you like my blog...and I've finally worked out how to reply to comments too, forever learning! :)

      Delete